15th July 2020
At last we can look forward to your Woodturning club restarting in October after a very difficult time for all of us.
However it does require changes to the way we conduct meetings, to ensure that we all keep social distance to help protect us all, and also to clean all equipment and surfaces in order to protect both us and other users of the hall.
Remember – these procedures are for the benefit of all of us plus our guest demonstrators, and for other users of the hall. Your full support and assistance of course will be greatly appreciated by all members.
The committee members have been working hard to ensure that the club will be able to operate in a safe and secure environment and have produced some procedures to be followed:
- Keep at least one and a half metres apart at all times. This social distancing starts in the car park and continues at the entrance to the hall, and inside the hall itself.
- Face masks are strongly recommended, not only for your protection, but also for others. Please wear them.
- Entrance payment will be at a desk away from the door – please continue to observe social distancing.
- Please only use a £5 note to pay your entrance fee. Unfortunately no change will be accepted or given – apologies!
- Chairs will be placed one and a half metres apart. Please don’t move them.
- Tea break will be slightly different – there will be paper cups and disposable cutlery provided with sugar and milk in individual sachets. Sorry to say biscuits will, for the time being, not be available. Perhaps good news for those who have put on a little weight during lockdown. Hot water will be provided by a kettle in the hall (not the kitchen boiler) so it may be easier for some to bring their own drink. There will be a drinking water tap and disposable cups in the hall.
- It will not be possible to crowd round the demonstrators to ask questions or look at things in the usual way so time will be allocated before we stop for tea and after the demo. To allow for this, tea break will be restricted to ten minutes.
- The toilets are to hold just one person at any one time so a one-in, one-out system will be employed with Occupied/Vacant sign by the door. Leave space for social distancing by the doors.
- The club shop will not be open. Sanding sealer, however, may be ordered before the meeting by email (contact to be agreed)
- After the meeting, those members who are able to, should help with cleaning and sanitising all surfaces and equipment used by us. This is in addition to the usual clearing away after the meeting. Please do help as otherwise it will prove very difficult to continue with the meetings if this is left to just a few people.
We have tried to make this list as short as possible but if you have any points of concern please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are of course relying on common sense to prevail so we may all continue to enjoy our club and friends. Your support is vital to ensure the safety of all of us.
Please be aware of the needs of others. Plus of course your own safety.
We fully appreciate that it is difficult for all concerned but, I’m sure, your support will ensure we shall look back and say we survived some most strange times.
On behalf of the committee,
To see our future evening itinerary please go to the “Programme” Page
Next Club Meeting – TO BE CONFIRMED.
We have opened a Facebook page under Westnorthants which has proved to be of interest. There is also a members Whatsap page that we are running which has allowed us to update people more readily on what is going on. Any members interested in joining this page please contact us for the link.
As a club we try to encourage turners to improve their skills and also to be more involved with the events that the club organises. We are looking for members to step forward to do a demonstration one evening. This may sound daunting but could prove to be very rewarding and build your skills and confidence. If you would like to give this a try please contact Mick Denton and he will give you a run down of what to do. We would encourage you to give it a go.
Woodworks 2020. We have been notified that Woodworks show for 2020 has been cancelled.
Axminster Ltd discount. Over the last couple of meetings it was mentioned that if you purchase anything at an Axminster Tools store and you produce your membership card you are entitled to a 5% discount on all products except power tools. This discount applies only to transactions in store or over the phone.